Welcome back to school everyone! Happy September! This is the week when we teachers are in meetings, setting goals for the school year, and scrambling to get our heads back in the game.
I want to set myself some goals for this year, too:
1. Incorporate student responses to text in a well coordinated, effective manner using technology. Usually I dig deep into the reading and discussing with students and the writing gets a little slighted.
2. Try out new engagement techniques. I just got this new book by Persida Himmele: Total Participation Techniques
3. Read more about PALS (Peer assisted Learning Strategies)
4. Start small.
5. Use digital tools to motivate and shake-up my literacy groups.
6. Become a google educator.
7. Blog it.
What are your goals? Any thoughts or ideas about my list?